Sunshine to Starshine is PR Friendly. I have had an opportunity to work with some great PR representatives and I am always looking to extend my networking to include others! Being able to bring great products to my readers’ attention is something I enjoy doing and if you have a product you think would appeal to my readers please contact me. Sunshine to Starshine has a fantastic following not just here but on Twitter and Facebook as well. We are open to testing out products and services that match our mission, values and interests. If, upon trying out a product or service, we find it exciting, useful, usable and/or engaging, we’ll probably talk about it. We are located in Southeastern Connecticut, and, while this isn’t a local blog specifically, we are also interested in local events, businesses and activities.
· We never guarantee a positive review, or even a review at all. The same holds for events, etc. Most of the product posts on Sunshine to Starshine are “recommendations.” These are products and services we share with friends and family. We like them and would probably give them as gifts or purchase for our family.
· We aim for balanced reviews and recommendations. We’ll rave where it warrants, but we’ll constructively critique as well. Since we are selective in the brands we work with, there is rarely a case for an overly negative review, but it could happen.
· We do not charge or accept financial payment for reviews. We do accept advertising. Contact us for more info.
· We typically will not return review items. We are willing to negotiate around larger ticket items or extenuating circumstances.
· We always recommend doing a product giveaway in conjunction with a review. It helps spread the word and generates additional excitement. We ask that the sponsor send the giveaway directly to the winner to minimize costs and material loss/waste.
Pitching Products and Services
Contact info is available on the Contact page. You will be most successful if you pitch us on products that are appropriate for the overall theme of the site and our family.
We are especially interested in products and services that:
1. Promote making life easier for busy people/parents
· Cleaning tools, vacuums, dusters, mop products, gadgets that clean for you.
· Kitchen appliances, bake ware, kitchen tools, storage containers
· Laundry detergents, stain removers, dryer balls, softener
· Books or products that provide support and encouragement for busy parents.
· Mess preventative food/art tools for kids, bibs, smocks, etc (& anything labeled spill proof!)
2. Promote learning and creativity
· Toys/dolls/books/movies that promote diversity or various languages or an understanding of cultures and the world around us.
· Any creative kits or products suitable for age 1-2 (If they are for over age 2 they can get tested with some or our cousins or friends if you want!)
· Toys that encourage pretend or open ended play such as dress up clothes, blocks, dolls, pretend houses, etc.
3. Promote healthy choices
· Food items that are geared towards tots or adults that are not high in sugar or sodium.
· Equipment/movies that encourage activity such as work out videos, games that encourage dance and movement, exercise equipment.
· Toys and activities that are meant to be done outdoors
· Books that give suggestions for keeping kids active, adult weight loss, and healthy cooking.
4. Promote family time
· Local businesses such as bowling alleys, miniature golf courses, museums and restaurants geared towards families.
· Family travel services, including family friendly resorts, tours, travel packages, cruises, etc., domestic only at this time.
5. Promote positive self esteem and finding your own style
· Photo shoots, make overs, hair products, makeup, jewelry for adults or little girls.
· Handmade one of a kind items such as hair clips or bows, head bands, jewelry, or clothing.
· Clothing unique brands that encourage individuality.
6. Promote strong friendships and marriages
· Second honeymoon locations, resorts or Girls’ Weekend Away locations.
· Books relating to friends and families
· Books relating to friends and families
· Games or activities that would gather the adult friends and family members for fun while the children play together.
Thank you for your interest!
Caitlin from Sunshine to Starshine