Sunday, September 26, 2010

Local Photographer Review: Happenstance Portraits

I want to give kudos to Karen Schlink from Happenstance Portraits.
We have had multiple photo sessions with her and have never had the slightest issue.

My initial session with Karen was when my daughter was a little less than one month old. She was teeny tiny, and tired all the time, but didn't want to sleep with a camera in her face! She made a big old mess and peed all over the couch while we were trying to get her in one of those cute bare butt newborn shots.. Karen was totally cool about it and didn't even flinch!

At 6 months we were having a hard time making our schedules coordinate for a session while I was working during the week. Karen went out of her way to schedule a later shoot and reschedule a dinner date for us! We went to a playground at a school nearby and had my teeter tottering little girl climb all over the jungle gym and show off her new threads!

When it came time for her 9 month photos, my brother in law was getting ready to be shipped to Hawaii with the Navy. In his honor I wanted to do some beachy photos, and even better we found a navy and white tunic with white leggings (with little gold anchors on them!) that would be perfect! Karen put up with my fussy almost naptime girly through a garden, a large park, and finally a very sandy beach. I am astonished at how good these pictures came out because Ariana was DONE by the first 5 minutes.

Our most recent shoot was at a public park that was occupied by quite a few of the neighborhood kids. They were not being very verbally nice and they also were not minding their own business. Some of them wanted to ask questions, but mostly they wanted to curse and fight (oh, the joys of city living). Karen made it easy to tune out the other people by putting some Disney music on her iPod and entertaining my daughter and I. We are anxiously awaiting the proofs :-)

Karen is personable, flexible and a wonderful photographer, plus she is great with my one year old!

Karen is based in South Eastern CT where I live, however I am sure she would travel to your wedding or special occasion. She also attended a fabulous photography school and can probably recommend photographers in your area if need be.

Website
Blog
Flickr




I write all of my reviews without any payment, and completely my own opinion. Thank you for taking the time to read this review and I hope it sheds light on my wonderful experience with Happenstance Portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment